Subject: ALL: Arexx Help!
From: "GEORGAKAKIS,LOUIS,MR" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 94 11:24:51 EDT

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if someone would be able to give me a little Arexx
class.  I had an idea about creating a Full Screen Editor for my
BBS.  If I program it in Blitz Basic ][, I would need to access the
port that AmiExpress (the BBS program) uses called: AEDoorPort1.
I've read the info contained in BUM mag # 2 about the Arexx commands
but I find that it's a little vague to someone who doesn't really know
what Arexx is all about.  I've programmed dozens of Arexx utilities
for my BBS, but that was easy, I never had to send Arexx messages and
reply to them etc.

Ok, so here is the help I need:  How do I use Blitz ][ Arexx commands!?
I don't understand the message structures that I have to create, with
those 16 argstrings or whatever that are, on page 30 of BUM #2.
And I also to get the command (action) codes on page 33.  They say to
replay the mnemonics with their values, but WHAT ARE THEIR VALUES?
All in all, what kind of process do I have to follow to make my
Blitz Program communicate with my BBS Program?

Nelson.